Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Column Lookup Problems

*Disclaimer* I do not know if my problem can be solved using formulas
or it has to use VBA. The easiest solution would be the best for me
because I don't have all the VBA skills in the world.

Here is my problem: I have a table that looks similar to this:

Department Hours Other Hours
1 8 0
2 0 7
3 0 0
4 5 5
5 0 0

The reasons for the... is because I have over 75 different departments.
The table you see above is a summary table based on inputs on another
sheet. The hours and Other hours are calculated automatically based on
what someone inputs/selects as their department on another sheet in the
same workbook.

Since this summary table has over 75 departments, it's quite large. A
person will generally select that they worked between 1-3 different
departments in a given week; not 75. So, there is a lot of unnecessary
space/zeros. I a format of a summart sheet that breaks down by Hours
and Other Hours (There are acutally 15 other types of hours, I just
chose to use one for this example) and looks something like this:

Hours
Other
Amount Department Amount
Department
8 1
7 2
5 4
5 4
I need something that can search through that summary table, find a
value greater than zero, then print that value and it's corresponding
department into my summary sheet shown above, then keeps searching for
the next value that is greater than 0. That way, it will only show in
the summarty sheet work done and not a bunch of 0's with 75
departments.

If you need clarification, which I understand completely, put your
email down and I can email the form and to try and help clarify what
I'm trying to say.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok, so the summary sheet got all dismembered when it posted. I'll try
again

Hours Other
Amt. Dept Amt. Dept.
8 1 7 2