Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default array UDF not recalculating correctly

I have a UDF that uses Yahoo! API to geocode an address (i.e. return a
standardized street, city, zip code, and lat lon coordinates) where the
address is held in cells A1:D1 (address, city, state, zip) and the
function is entered array-style into 8 column (single row) range
because I'm returning 8 data pieces from the XML document returned by
the query (standarized address, city, state, zip, lat, lon,etc).

It works great if I do as described above, it returns the individual 8
pieces into the cells that the function is entered in.

When I recalculate, however, the cells containing the function all
contain only the first piece of the 8 data pieces that they should (in
this case, the address is repeated across the 8 cells).

I can select the cells, and again enter with CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER, and it
will work properly again.

I am wondering if anyone has clues as to how to get all the cells in
the array to return the correct values after re-calculation. I have
tried all combinations of F9 relcalculaton, I have tried
"application.volatile" in the UDF, neither has helped.

Thanks for any ideas,
Dave.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If I do msgbox a, or msgbox reason, I can see that the correct value is
there. However these lines are not populating the array correctly
unless I go in and press ctrl-shift-enter again.

rv(1, 1) = a

rv(1, 2) = c

rv(1, 3) = s

rv(1, 4) = z