Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Saving combobx enteries

Hello, I am fairly new to VBA, using Excel 2000.
I run a football pool for 50 people and have used Excel with success for
many years to keep track of it. Next year someone else who is not as
familiar with Excel will start running it.
I am trying to make it easier on her by making userforms for her to enter
the info on.

I have a userform that has combobx "weeks" that has a List Array that lets
the user choose one of 17 weeks. There are 17 other combobxs have a
rowsource called 'Team Names'!A1:A32 the user can choose from the rowsource
list to fill these boxes and then push a command btn to enter the
information into a range on a worksheet that is picked depending which week
is chosen. The next time that week is picked the boxes populate from that
range. Than all works fine.

The problem I'm having is getting the data to enter in the proper range when
the "weeks" combobx is changed from week 1 to week 2 before the command btn
is pushed. With no code the team selections are just lost. I have tried to
code the change event with the same code as the command btn but it doesn't
fire until after the change resulting in week 1 data being entered into week
2's range.

I have tried using the beforeupdate event and click event thinking it would
work but they both do nothing. I guess I don't know exactly what they are
supposed to do. :~(
Is there a way to get this done?

Help, please.
Thank you