Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding up different combos of columns

I have three columns of account code names.

The first column (A) contains the main codes names.

The 2nd column (B) contains sub codes

The 3rd column (C) contains sub codes of B.

What I need to is be able to calcuate year-to-date of any combination
expeness that were coded to any combination of A, B, C.

All expenses are assigned a code from each column - in any combination.
So I need to calculate totals for each combination. At the start of
each fiscal year, code names may be changed, deleted or more added.

For example potential codes under each column:

Column A

Supplies
Auto
Dining Out
Repairs
Training

Column B

Office
Plant
Students

Column C

Marketing
Sales
Finance

So I need to know what expenses fell in the combination of Supplies
(A), Office (B), Marketing (C) and, Supplies (A), Plant (B), Sales (C)
and Auto (A), Office (B), Marketing (C) etc....

Any ideas of how best to do this...much thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could use a pivot table to summarize the data, and with the account
codes in the row area, and the expense amount in the data area. There
are instructions and links he

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Comparing two combos/cells to return a value [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 0 October 2nd 07 06:47 PM
combos and dates Shorty[_3_] Excel Programming 7 March 2nd 06 04:22 PM
Entering combos without converting it to dates? pkroper22 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 February 28th 06 01:39 PM
too many combos VOG Excel Programming 1 October 13th 05 05:31 PM
one sub for many Combos in different way jochynator Excel Programming 0 November 24th 04 11:45 PM