Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pkroper22

Default Entering combos without converting it to dates?

I am trying to enter locker combinations in an excel spreadsheet. However,
excel keeps converting these automatically to calendar dates. How do I turn
this function off?!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

If you format the column as Text first, Excel will leave the figures as they
are. An alternative is to put an apostrophe ' before each cell entry.

Andy.

"pkroper22" wrote in message
I am trying to enter locker combinations in an excel spreadsheet. However,
excel keeps converting these automatically to calendar dates. How do I
turn
this function off?!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dav

1) format the cells to text fbefore entering the combos

or

2) Enter the combo's with a leading '

Regards

Dav