-   -   Entering combos without converting it to dates? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/74334-entering-combos-without-converting-dates.html)

pkroper22

Entering combos without converting it to dates?

I am trying to enter locker combinations in an excel spreadsheet. However,
excel keeps converting these automatically to calendar dates. How do I turn
this function off?!

Entering combos without converting it to dates?

Hi

If you format the column as Text first, Excel will leave the figures as they
are. An alternative is to put an apostrophe ' before each cell entry.

Andy.

"pkroper22" wrote in message
I am trying to enter locker combinations in an excel spreadsheet. However,
excel keeps converting these automatically to calendar dates. How do I
turn
this function off?!

Dav

Entering combos without converting it to dates?

1) format the cells to text fbefore entering the combos

or

2) Enter the combo's with a leading '

Regards

Dav