Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Color of Cell

Thanks in advance for your help. I have looked into many threads and other
websites but I now really confused. I am a moderate user of excel as most of
my time is spent in Access.

I want to look at every cell in column A and want to return a value for the
color in the cell to column O. I am using this for a formula to capture
certain data within cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

rollover, not sure what you want to do, but maybe this will help.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"rollover99 via OfficeKB.com" <u14080@uwe wrote in message
Thanks in advance for your help. I have looked into many threads and
other
websites but I now really confused. I am a moderate user of excel as most
of
my time is spent in Access.

I want to look at every cell in column A and want to return a value for
the
color in the cell to column O. I am using this for a formula to capture
certain data within cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is not of help to me as it does not specify what I need to enter for a
column nor returning the cell color value to a specific cell. I did look at
the following code but where would it specify a range of the column to look
at and where to return the value to a specific column. Like lokk in cell A1,
what is the color, return the colors value to cell O1, next row, cell A2 and
so on???

Function CellColorIndex(InRange As Range, Optional _
OfText As Boolean = False) As Integer
'
' This function returns the ColorIndex value of a the Interior
' (background) of a cell, or, if OfText is true, of the Font in the cell.
'
Application.Volatile True
If OfText = True Then
CellColorIndex = InRange(1,1).Font.ColorIndex
Else
CellColorIndex = InRange(1,1).Interior.ColorIndex
End If

End Function

Paul B wrote:
rollover, not sure what you want to do, but maybe this will help.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

rollover, put is function in a module,

Function CellColorIndex(InRange As Range, Optional _
OfText As Boolean = False) As Integer
'
' This function returns the ColorIndex value of a the Interior
' (background) of a cell, or, if OfText is true, of the Font in the cell.
'
Application.Volatile True
If OfText = True Then
CellColorIndex = InRange(1,1).Font.ColorIndex
Else
CellColorIndex = InRange(1,1).Interior.ColorIndex
End If

End Function

To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and
pick View Code. This icon is at the top-left of the spreadsheet this will
open the VBA editor, in Project Explorer click on your workbook name, if you
don't see it press CTRL + r to open the Project Explorer, then go to insert,
module, and paste the code in the window that opens on the right hand side,
press Alt and Q to close this window and go back to your workbook and press
alt and F8, this will bring up a box to pick the Macro from, click on the
Macro name to run it. If you are using excel 2000 or newer you may have to
change the macro security settings to get the macro to run. To change the
security settings go to tools, macro, security, security level and set it to
medium

Then in cell O1 put =CellColorIndex(A1) and copy down as far as needed for
the other rows

Will that do what you want?

--

Paul B wrote:
rollover, not sure what you want to do, but maybe this will help.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Paul B. It works fine now and sorry for my ignorance in this issue.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default mouse rollover color change

Is there a simple way to have Excel change bkgrnd or cell text when there is a mouse roll over?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi,
not really. excell has limited functionality in this area. there are mouse
move events but usually restricted to charts, forms, controls, ect. on the
sheet there is limited use in tool tips and comments but there are no moves
move events for sheets like you speak of. i am not sure about 2007. speaking
for 2003 and back.

Regards
FSt1