Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Urgent please - Macro stored in template cannot be found

I have a template called Event Planner v0.3. It has a macro called
InsertSpeaker, assigned to a custom toolbar.

If I create a new spreadsheet based on the template, a message says that
"The macro C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\System\MSMAPI\1033\Event Planner
v0.31'InsertSpeaker' cannot be found.

If you go to Macros, and select Macros in, it shows macros in Event Planner
v0.31. Why, when the template is called v0.3?

In Visual Basic Project Explorer, I've tried storing the macro in a Module,
specified "this workbook" and all sorts, without success.

How can I tell the template to look for the macro in the Event Planner v0.3
regardless of where it is actually located?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

have you tried using a command button and storing the code within the
worksheet and command button ?
If you are using forms buttons (Forms button - Assign Macro ect) it will not
copy to a new sheet,
where a command button code will.

"Christine" wrote in message
I have a template called Event Planner v0.3. It has a macro called
InsertSpeaker, assigned to a custom toolbar.

If I create a new spreadsheet based on the template, a message says that
"The macro C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\System\MSMAPI\1033\Event Planner
v0.31'InsertSpeaker' cannot be found.

If you go to Macros, and select Macros in, it shows macros in Event
Planner
v0.31. Why, when the template is called v0.3?

In Visual Basic Project Explorer, I've tried storing the macro in a
Module,
specified "this workbook" and all sorts, without success.

How can I tell the template to look for the macro in the Event Planner
v0.3
regardless of where it is actually located?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for responding so quickly Corey.

I currently call the macro via a customised tool bar. I did try the command
button and that seems to work. However, I would really like to stick with the
tool bar.

Any assistance will be appreciated!