Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 03 Active X Message

I have an excel workbook that is stored on the network and my users have a
shortcut to open from the shared drive on their desktop. The problem I'm
having is that once Autorecovery kicks in I get an Error Message about an
Acitve X control message. How can I stop this message from popping up in code
so my users don't have to click OK or Cancel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

When we are programming Excel, commonly we are programming against the
Excel object modal which will do the similar job as we did in the UI.
Based on my research, the Object modal did not expose such approach to
disable the error dialog.
<Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\VBAXL10.CHM

Also can you post a screen shot of the exact error, we may try to see what
cause the error.
e.g. if this is a security error, we can set the security level to low.
Also you may try to disable the autorecover to see if that help you by
following the steps below.
1. click Tools/Options(almost all the excel application level option config
is here)
2. click the Save tab
3. check Disable AutoRecover and restart Excel

Also if there is an local file, if an autorecover occur, will the error
dialog popup?

If you still have any concern, please let me know.

Best regards,

Perter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK, The error pops up when AutoRecovery kicks in (in which we need to keep
enabled), though the message happens once then when you click OK and
continue you don't get the message again for the duration you have the
workbook opened.
So is there anyway we can (in code is possible) trust the autoRecovery
ActiveX? We need the autoRecovery enabled.

Also If i copy this locally and open it, I get the error message as soon as
I open the workbook.

""Peter Huang" [MSFT]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Yes, you may reach me via removing "online" from my email address.
Also please include the reproduce workbook at your side, so I can reproduct
it and do further research.

Best regards,

Perter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

This is a kindly reminder.
Currently I did not receive email from you about this issue.
Have you sent that?
Or maybe something happen during the mail delivery.
If so, would you so kind to resend it?

Thanks for your understanding!

Best regards,

Perter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Peter,
I'm not using outlook express, can i email you the screen print of the
error message i'm getting when autorecovery kicks in?