Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default standard Data Form does something cool

I have my data sheet all set up with some columns containing formulae so they
don't need input (and in fact the MS data Form skips them). The really great
thing I found is that when it creates a new row it also copies my code and
formatting (regular and conditional).
But the people who'll be inputting the data don't like the risk of
overwiting good data by mistake - if they hit the up or down arrows or forget
to click "new" as soon as the form opens.
So I've made a UserForm without much difficulty and THEY love it. But I have
to go back and paste loads of code and formatting because I can't find the
functions I need. Something like
"MakeAnNewRowFormattedLikeTheOneAboveThankyou" .
Does that command exist ? Guess not. So what can I do ?
(I've tried searching the forum so i don't repeat a past question but I
haven't found anything.)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this:

Sub Cppy()
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).EntireRow.Copy
Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

Your cursor will have to be in the row beneath the one you want to copy.

"David Macdonald" wrote:

I have my data sheet all set up with some columns containing formulae so they
don't need input (and in fact the MS data Form skips them). The really great
thing I found is that when it creates a new row it also copies my code and
formatting (regular and conditional).
But the people who'll be inputting the data don't like the risk of
overwiting good data by mistake - if they hit the up or down arrows or forget
to click "new" as soon as the form opens.
So I've made a UserForm without much difficulty and THEY love it. But I have
to go back and paste loads of code and formatting because I can't find the
functions I need. Something like
"MakeAnNewRowFormattedLikeTheOneAboveThankyou" .
Does that command exist ? Guess not. So what can I do ?
(I've tried searching the forum so i don't repeat a past question but I
haven't found anything.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks. I thought of that but wondered if there was a more elegant way of
doing it.
Do you think that's the way the standard form works ?