Axel

Default Replace/modify standard data form?

Hi,
I want to replace the standard data form, which is used to maintain data
sets in an excel table, by a user defined form (alternatively I would like to
modify the standard form).
Does anybody know if/how this is possible?

Thanks, Axel
Jon Quixley

Axel,

Going to need more information I'm afraid. Can you explain further or
send an example?

--
Jon Quixley
Jon Quixley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25803

Axel

Sorry, I don't have a good example file yet ...

Let's say, I have an excel table with a long list of data sets (e.g. contact
information with names, adresses, phone numbers, email, and a lot more
columns).

One way to maintain this data (beside working in the table directly) is to
use the standard form (pull down menu "data" - "form")

But this standard form lists all fields under each other and is not very
suitable, if you have a lot of fields in your data set.

Therefore I would like to use a form, in which I can arrange the data fields
more comfortable and more as I need them.

I see two options so far:
- One option would be to modify that standard form, if this is possible.
- The other would be, to create a user form, but this one should be able to
use the functionality of the standard form (maintaining data, searching data,
new data, ...) without programming everything new in visual basic.

Does this give you a better picture of my problem?

Kind regards, AXEL

"Jon Quixley" wrote:

Axel,

Going to need more information I'm afraid. Can you explain further or
send an example?

--
Jon Quixley
Jon Quixley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25803
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=398510

Dave Peterson

John Walkenbach has an enhanced dataform at:
http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

(and the code is available for a minor fee ($20 USA), if you want to modify it
to remove/modify the delete portion.)

Debra Dalgleish has some getstarted with userform instructions at:
http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html