Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy paste slows down

Alternatively, does anyone know how to 'replace' a worksheet.

For example, I may have a worksheet 'A' with formulas on other worksheets
referring to certain cells on this sheet. If I delete this worksheet, the
formulas that referred to the sheet change to #REF, as you would expect.

Is there any way then to add a new worksheet, rename this sheet 'A' (the
same name as the sheet just deleted) and have all formulas automatically
refer to this new worksheet (so the #REF error is automatically resolved),
without having to physically change each formula? In essence, we have
replaced the worksheet 'A' with a new worksheet object.

I have my doubts that this is possible. I know it sounds pointless and wierd
but being able to do this may help solve my problem.

Cheers

David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

David,
I suppose you could do a replace of all the "SheetA"'s in the formulae to
some unique text like "hhhhhhhhhhhhh".
Then delete SheetA. Copy/create a new WS, rename it SheetA, then reverse the
Replacement above.

NickHK

"david" wrote in message

Alternatively, does anyone know how to 'replace' a worksheet.

For example, I may have a worksheet 'A' with formulas on other worksheets
referring to certain cells on this sheet. If I delete this worksheet, the
formulas that referred to the sheet change to #REF, as you would expect.

Is there any way then to add a new worksheet, rename this sheet 'A' (the
same name as the sheet just deleted) and have all formulas automatically
refer to this new worksheet (so the #REF error is automatically resolved),
without having to physically change each formula? In essence, we have
replaced the worksheet 'A' with a new worksheet object.

I have my doubts that this is possible. I know it sounds pointless and

wierd
but being able to do this may help solve my problem.

Cheers

David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

NickHK,

Thanks for your reply. Yes you are correct, this is an option, it is just
that the replacement of the 'SheetA' string (and the subsequent reversal of
this) is too slow.

Cheers,

david