Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default JUMP to the next cell with TAB key !

I want to use the TAB key everytime I want to jump to the next cell.
Does anybody know how to do this? My form is a fill in form so I
want to hit the TAB key to go to the next one. I have having to use
my mouse to move to the next cell. Let me know, thank You.
--
Computer Tech
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Edgar,

In Excel,

Tools | Options | Edit
Move selection after Enter
Select 'Right' from the dropdown list.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Edgar" wrote in message
I want to use the TAB key everytime I want to jump to the next cell.
Does anybody know how to do this? My form is a fill in form so I
want to hit the TAB key to go to the next one. I have having to use
my mouse to move to the next cell. Let me know, thank You.
--
Computer Tech

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank You so much Norman,
now the only thing I have to do is change the FORM a little.
The problem now is that I have 2 cells that are side to side.
The one on the left has 2 cells below it, and the one on the
left has 2 cells below it too. I need to fill the first 3 on the left
before filling the 3 on the right and the TAB key send it to the
right when I click on it. I will keep looking to see if there is a
way that I can tell wich one to go to. :-) if you know, let me
know, thank you.
--
Computer Tech

"Edgar" wrote in message
I want to use the TAB key everytime I want to jump to the next cell.
Does anybody know how to do this? My form is a fill in form so I
want to hit the TAB key to go to the next one. I have having to use
my mouse to move to the next cell. Let me know, thank You.
--
Computer Tech

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Edgar,

Try this. Select all the cells that you need to enter info into starting
with the SECOND cell and holding down CTRL as you select and select the
FIRST cell last.

With the cells still selected, click in the Name Box and name that selection
of cell, (perhaps a name pertinent to the info that is to be entered) now
hit Enter. To begin entering your data, click on the drop down arrow at the
name box and select the name. All the cells will be highlighted and the
number 1 cell will be the edit cell (white while all the rest are blue).
Enter the 1st cell data and either hit Enter or Tab. Enter the next cell
data and continue. To get out of the named range loop, hit Home or click
anywhere on the sheet or select the next named range

You may have several cells in the named range and be aware there seems to be
a limit of about 20 to 30 for each named range. If that's a problem just
add another named range and name it pertinent to the info to entered in that
group of cells.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Edgar" wrote in message
I want to use the TAB key everytime I want to jump to the next cell.
Does anybody know how to do this? My form is a fill in form so I
want to hit the TAB key to go to the next one. I have having to use
my mouse to move to the next cell. Let me know, thank You.
--
Computer Tech

Jump to cell based on cell results created by calendar control too JB Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 January 15th 08 08:18 PM
need to jump down 4 cells, gather data, jump another 4 [email protected] Excel Programming 2 October 6th 06 01:49 PM
HOW TO JUMP TO THE LAST CELL IN A ROW? Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 October 10th 05 03:40 PM
Cell jump geka Excel Programming 0 September 28th 05 10:35 PM
How do I double click a cell and jump to cell's referenced cell JerryJuice Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 September 10th 05 10:24 PM