Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Tricky compare formula

Hi people,
I have a tricky question that I would like some help with please.
Basically, I require a spreadsheet that lets you input 2 dates and then has
some kind of formula that works out if the difference between the two dates
is greater than, equal to or more than 31 days. It seems simple enough but I
am finding it very tricky!

Thanks,
BWT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

With the newest date in A1 and the other one in B1:

=IF(A1-B1<31,"Smaller",IF(A1-B1=31,"Equal","Larger"))

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"BurntWithTime" wrote in message ...
| Hi people,
| I have a tricky question that I would like some help with please.
| Basically, I require a spreadsheet that lets you input 2 dates and then has
| some kind of formula that works out if the difference between the two dates
| is greater than, equal to or more than 31 days. It seems simple enough but I
| am finding it very tricky!
|
| Thanks,
| BWT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming