Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to count the number of cells highlighted using Conditional Formatting feature present in Format Menu of Excel???

I have used Conditional Formatting present in the Format Menu to
highlight cells in the worksheet with satisfy the condition. Now I want
to count the total number of cells highlighted by conditional formattin
for each column and display in a cell of the column... Kindly help me
with a way to do this...I tried using the interior.colorindex property
to count the cells coloured ... but no use because conditional
formattin doesnot actually change the cell's formatting it just
highlight...
Plzzz let me kno how to do..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

divya, may be easier to just count what conditional formatting is looking
at, something like =COUNTIF(A2:A25,"test")

If you do need to count conditional formatting color have a look at Chip
Pearson's page here

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm

--
Paul B