Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Count number of cells that are highlighted

I'd like to have a formula that would allow me to enter a range of values and
it would tell me how many cells have background highlighting (something along
the lines of countif). Can someone assist?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Barb

How do you determine which cells have background highlighting? Is it all
cells on a worksheet, a named range or a particular area?

Is the background highlighting dynamic (eg the result of conditional
formatting)?

What colour(s) do you use for the background highlighting?

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
I'd like to have a formula that would allow me to enter a range of values

and
it would tell me how many cells have background highlighting (something

along
the lines of countif). Can someone assist?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Something other than a white background and a black font. It is highlighted
with a conditional format. Let's say I have selected cells B1:B10. I want
to know how many are highlighted.

Thanks

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Barb

How do you determine which cells have background highlighting? Is it all
cells on a worksheet, a named range or a particular area?

Is the background highlighting dynamic (eg the result of conditional
formatting)?

What colour(s) do you use for the background highlighting?

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
I'd like to have a formula that would allow me to enter a range of values

and
it would tell me how many cells have background highlighting (something

along
the lines of countif). Can someone assist?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Would need to work out which Format conditions (up to 3 in a cell) are true.
If you already know how the FC's were written it's relatively
straightforward to calculate them in vba. If not means reading the FC
formula(s), possibly building a new formula to Evaluate, including if
necessary the comparison operators. Fair bit of code but again relatively
straight forward to get it right most of the time (ie all or none of the
time depending on what you've got).

To get it always right though involves a lot of code (Evaluate is might not
work, comparison methods in Excel & VBA are very different depending on what
you are comparing).

Regards,
Peter T

"macropod" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Barb,

You can do this with formulae in cells using the same logic as your
conditional formatting formulae.

Cheers