Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Seeking help with MACRO or VBA??? Open all files of type in directory and parse

I'm sure something like this must already have been done by someone -
can you help, this would save me a lot of time - and no, this is not
some kind of school homework, it's to help with preparing patient lists
in oncology. You can email me at my work email @leedsth.nhs.uk if
required (first part of address is first name dot surname)

I have a load of RTP files in a directory, I just want to have an Excel
macro or VBA to look in a specific folder (can be browsed, but at the
moment, am happy to have a hardcoded path T:\RTP), open all the RTP
files it finds, each one contains a load of comma separated values
enclosed in double quotes eg

"item", "item", "", "item" (some are empty)

I need to read the first few items for each RTP file in the folder, and
store the first few items in a column for each patient record in a new
excel file

any help appreciated
regards
Lee