Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Security within menus????

Hello - someone graciously answered my last post the creation of
menus, but now I have another:)

Here's the scenario - my workbook has nine worksheets, each with
financial data for nine specific company divisions. There is one
division lead responsible for each division. The custom menu structure
I created allows each lead to view and/or print there financial data.

However, I cannot allow the leads to see each other's data. Is there a
way to have the workbook open with all the worksheets hidden, and the
accessible sub-menus accessible via password?

So for example, the spreadsheet open requesting a password. The
password entered by the user would detrermine what menus selections are
available to them.

Is this possible? Im open to better ideas as well :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

JoeJoe,

May I suggest that you have a separate worksheet for each division. If the
divisions are congruent (similar) you can build a single template. Each
division will email their completed budget template (or sales forecast,
whatever) to you where you will copy it to a Division Data Directory. Then
you build a separate workbook that uses VBA to consolidate the division
information from the Division Data Directory into your Company forecast.

It is just too easy to break the code password and get at very hidden
sheets. If you want to keep things confidential, don't distribute the
information in the first place.

Allan P. London, CPA

ups.com...