Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Email a text file from within a userform

Hi

I need to be able to send an Email to a defined recipient and include a
texte file as attachment.

This has to be done in a UserForm only by clicking a CommandButton.

I need to be able to open the default email client with the recipient's
address, the subject and the attached file already there.

The user just have to press the "Send" button.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Pierre

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If all people use Outlook then it is possible
CDO is also a option

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Pierre Archambault" wrote in message ...
Hi

I need to be able to send an Email to a defined recipient and include a texte file as attachment.

This has to be done in a UserForm only by clicking a CommandButton.

I need to be able to open the default email client with the recipient's address, the subject and the attached file already there.

The user just have to press the "Send" button.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Pierre

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It might be possible if you want to write code for every possible mail
client. (some would just be a kludge using sendkeys).

It is probably possible to send the email without getting the mail client
involved.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"Pierre Archambault" wrote in message
Hi

I need to be able to send an Email to a defined recipient and include a
texte file as attachment.

This has to be done in a UserForm only by clicking a CommandButton.

I need to be able to open the default email client with the recipient's
address, the subject and the attached file already there.

The user just have to press the "Send" button.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Pierre

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom/Pierre

It might be possible if you want to write code for every possible mail client. (some would just be a kludge using sendkeys).

Not with a attachment I think ?

You can try this for body text
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/oebody.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message ...
It might be possible if you want to write code for every possible mail client. (some would just be a kludge using sendkeys).

It is probably possible to send the email without getting the mail client involved.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"Pierre Archambault" wrote in message ...
Hi

I need to be able to send an Email to a defined recipient and include a texte file as attachment.

This has to be done in a UserForm only by clicking a CommandButton.

I need to be able to open the default email client with the recipient's address, the subject and the attached file already there.

The user just have to press the "Send" button.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Pierre

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think I was trying to point out that this was buffonery. Sorry you missed
it.

Why do you think oebody.htm would be useful for Outlook, Lotus Notes,
Eudora, Pegasus, Groupwise or any other mail client as implied by the OP.

--
regards,
Tom Ogilvy

Hi Tom/Pierre

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
It might be possible if you want to write code for every possible mail
client. (some would just be a kludge using sendkeys).

It is probably possible to send the email without getting the mail client
involved.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"Pierre Archambault" wrote in message
Hi

I need to be able to send an Email to a defined recipient and include a
texte file as attachment.

This has to be done in a UserForm only by clicking a CommandButton.

I need to be able to open the default email client with the recipient's
address, the subject and the attached file already there.

The user just have to press the "Send" button.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Pierre

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom

The OE body code seems to work with more mail programs then only
OE and Outlook.

The OP can test it with a few programs for only Body text.
I never test it on other programs because I always use CDO or Outlook code.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl