Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open an excel attached to an email

Hi everyone, hope you can give me a hand.

I use lotus notes 6.5 and Excel 2000

Every day I get 6 emails from 6 different researchers with an excel
file attached (it's a template always the same, just updated data)
with the daily price of several commodities.

I usually save them in my PC, open one by one and update a master excel
with all the new data.

I'm leaving on a trip to Peru for a month, so I've asked a guy from
work to take this task while I'm gone.

I'm trying to automate this as much as possible to make his life
easier (and mine when I come back)

Is it possible to open an excel file sent in an email directly from the
email server with out having to open each email to then save the
attachment to the hard disk?

Thanks,

Thomas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thomas,

That's a Lotus Notes problem. If you were using Outlook, you could do it quite easily, but this
needs to be addressed on the mail side.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP