Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cell protection problem

I am using a drop down arrow box with 3 different criteria for data to
be displayed. The problem is that it won't work if the sheet is
protected. Is there any code I can put in that will prevent cells from
being selected without protecting the sheet so that the form will work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Do you still have the problem, if you remove Objects from Tools
Protection Protect Sheet...?

Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes I do. I've even tried checking all the boxes to pretty much allow
anything and it still will not work. The way I have it set up is that
I select 1 of 3 dates and depending on the date selected, a different
set of data is displayed. I am able to use the drop down box and
select a date but that is when I get the message saying that the sheet
has to be unprotected for the results to be displayed.