Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combo Box Drop Down with a Protected Sheet

Hi All,

I've got a spreadsheet that we're using to enter in timesheet
information. Some cells are unlocked and some (with formulas that I
don't want touched) are locked. I have a combobox that is activated
when a user double clicks or uses Ctrl + Shift + Z, and it is designed
to show with the dropdown menu already activated. The Combo box is
linked to a cell that is not locked, although it displays (due to it's
size) on top of cells that are locked. Everything works great.

However, when I protect the sheet and trigger the combo box, it
displays with the dropdown up, and no amount of clicking on the
dropdown arrow will trigger the dropdown either.

Further, if I unprotect the sheet, it won't perform correctly until I
restart Excel with the sheet saved as unprotected.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When the worksheet is protected, allow users to Edit Objects, and they
should be able to use the combobox.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures