Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change the "Labels in Formulas" function to an add-in.

Can the "Labels in Formulas" function in Excel be changed to an add-in ?

This way advanced users like myself (who do not use this 'feature') can
uninstall it.

I find that the tickbox "Accept Labels in Formulas" in the Excel '03 options
dialog box does not work properly. I have this tickbox un-ticked.

However, whenever I try to add a "FALSE" condition to a formula, Excel
ignores the tick box and "assumes" that I'm trying to refer to a
label....then crashes.

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Frustrating !!

If only I could remove this darned "Labels in Formulas" feature from Excel
all together, my quality of life would markedly improve :)

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...el.programming
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 20, 11:37 am, andy_suffers_Excel_2003_over-engineering
icrosoft.com wrote:
Can the "Labels in Formulas" function in Excel be changed to an add-in ?

This way advanced users like myself (who do not use this 'feature') can
uninstall it.

I find that the tickbox "Accept Labels in Formulas" in the Excel '03 options
dialog box does not work properly. I have this tickbox un-ticked.

However, whenever I try to add a "FALSE" condition to a formula, Excel
ignores the tick box and "assumes" that I'm trying to refer to a
label....then crashes.

Sounds like you need to run a detect and repair. I doubt you can
remove the feature without doing some serious decompiling and hacking
lots of code. Which would be realy illegal and really hard and really
time consuming. What version of excel are you using? do you have any
add-ins? is it a legitimate copy of excel? are you using a legitimate
copy of windows?

AR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
e e is offline

Well you will be happy to know that Labels in Formulas are no longer
supported in excel 2007 and will be converted to ranges on open

"andy_suffers_Excel_2003_over-engineering" wrote:

Can the "Labels in Formulas" function in Excel be changed to an add-in ?

This way advanced users like myself (who do not use this 'feature') can
uninstall it.

I find that the tickbox "Accept Labels in Formulas" in the Excel '03 options
dialog box does not work properly. I have this tickbox un-ticked.

However, whenever I try to add a "FALSE" condition to a formula, Excel
ignores the tick box and "assumes" that I'm trying to refer to a
label....then crashes.

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Frustrating !!

If only I could remove this darned "Labels in Formulas" feature from Excel
all together, my quality of life would markedly improve :)

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...el.programming

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unbelievable! What BoneHead would fix a wiring problem by axing the wire?
Labels have been a tool for proper programming since they technically,
thankfully could be supported. If some users do not want the benefit, then
make use of labels an option. More elegantly, Microsoft, fix the code
adapting to mis-use of labels in formulas by offering more graceful options
for users to continue the pursuit with Excel. Having built a complete and
reliable Accounting System depending on properly labeled cell references in
formulas (for audit and debug), i am asked as i open a 2003 file in the "NEW"
2007, TO SCRAP MY INVESTMENT IN PROPER SPREADSHEET PROGRAMMING, OR NOT USE
THE PRODUCT! UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!! Now i must face the challenge of
uninstalling Excel 2007 and re-installing the more capable Excel 2003. This
tryanny will be addressed. I encourage your support and efforts to establish
an Act of Congress for Regulation of Software Civility. GOD save Earth!