Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Returning values based on a cell

Not too sure if this is the answer,
but I have a simialr thing I did, but I had a column that read all the
varables that I needed [ =IF($IE$331<"",$IE$331,"") ]
then I turned this column into to a list for a drop down menu
And the VLOOKUP formula would read the variable I had selected in the drop
down box .
Then I had a macro button that would copy that and paste it upon a
condition into the right place....
HTH

"Aaron Dyck" wrote:

Hi there. I need to write a routine that will look at a cell reference (this
is a number) in one file, look it up from a specific sheet in another file
(the specific sheet is referred to by a variable, and return a value in a
cell that is x number of cells to the right, and enter that number into a
cell to the right of our lookup value. If I were able to hardwire the
references in, I would simply use a vlookup to obtain the values, but that
won't work, since the sheet I am searching in is based on a variable. Can
anyone help me?