Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Newb Q: XLL and XLA?

Can anyone point me to a good resource outlining the differences between an
XLL and an XLA?

I have an XLL that is called using Application.Run, but I would like to wrap
it in a DCOM shell so I can call it across our intranet. I've been successful
in doing this with other DLL's in the past, using small ActiveX EXE's built
in VB6, but I've never tried it with an XLL before. Does this sound possible?

Maury