Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Looking for a Utility with Multi Line REM conversion

G'day there One & All,

I'm just dropping in a quick query at the moment in the hope that
someone will know what I'm talking about (a sometimes dubious
proposition).

I have previously used a utility for the Excel VBE that allowed me
to highlight a number of lines, then convert them to Remarks. I could
then unconvert them later. Made it quite easy to take out sections of
code whilst I experimented.

I think I used a right click menu for the operation, but it may
have been from the "Tools" menu. I'm not sure. Does this sound familiar
to anybody? I simply don't recall its name.

I currently have the excellent MZ-Tools, but that's not one of its
options.

Hoping someone's memory is better than mine.

See ya
Ken McLennan
Qld, Australia
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is built-in. If you go to ViewToolbarsCustomize in the VBIDE, and on
the Commands tab, select Edit, and there is a Comment Block and Uncomment
Block command there that you can drag onto any toolbar.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ken McLennan" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I didn't remember myself immediately, I just recalled having used it myself.
When it wasn't in MZ-Tools, I thought that it must be a built-in.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ken McLennan" wrote in message
G'day there Bob,

In article ,
says...
... or just make the Edit toolbar visible

Thanks very much for that information. That was exactly what I was
looking for. I dunno why, but I had it in my mind that it was an Add-In
or some other utility and never bothered looking at the editor itself.

Now that you've pointed it out to me and I have it in front of my
face I recall having the toolbar visible previously and that this is
where I accessed it from.

How come these things can never be remembered until AFTER someone
reminds you?

Thanks once again.

--
See ya,
Ken McLennan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

G'day there Bob,

I didn't remember myself immediately, I just recalled having used it myself.
When it wasn't in MZ-Tools, I thought that it must be a built-in.

Well it's a good thing that one of us thought!!

Otherwise I'd still be sitting here clicking keys for each line =)

Thanks again

--
See ya,
Ken McLennan