Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default csv file not recognised with ms-office 2003

Hi,
We have web application running successfully from last 2 years with
microsft office version 200 and 2002.
For same csv(comma separated file) file application
1. With client have machine MS-Office 2000 and 2002 shows
content type ="application/octet-stream"

2. With client have machine MS-office 2003 shows
content type = "application/vnd.ms-excel' .

Our program not supported .xls files

pls advise .

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
We have web application which uses csv file upload ,it is running
successfully from last 2 years with microsoft office version 200 and 2002 .

For same format csv(comma separated file) file msoffice 2003 we are
unable to save file as .csv file of contet
type "application/octet-stream"., It is showing file content type
""application/vnd.ms-excel' ."
How to create or save data in csv file to maintain file content of type
"application/octet-stream".

eg. Same file showing different content type
1. MS-Office 2000 and 2002 shows
content type ="application/octet-stream"

2. MS-office 2003 shows
content type = "application/vnd.ms-excel' .

Our program not supported .xls files

pls advise .

Regards,
Santosh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

It just means that during the installation of XL, an automatic file
association was made (open .csv with xls)
A csv file is a text file (*.txt) renamed as *.csv
Regards
JY
"Santosh" <Santosh @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
We have web application running successfully from last 2 years with
microsft office version 200 and 2002.
For same csv(comma separated file) file application
1. With client have machine MS-Office 2000 and 2002 shows
content type ="application/octet-stream"

2. With client have machine MS-office 2003 shows
content type = "application/vnd.ms-excel' .

Our program not supported .xls files

pls advise .

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Jeans,
We have observed that withougnt changing any settings our program
recognises the file format
when file used to upload is kept open in excel application
Kindly advise to get permanant solution

Regards,
Santosh

"Jean-Yves" wrote:

Hi,

It just means that during the installation of XL, an automatic file
association was made (open .csv with xls)
A csv file is a text file (*.txt) renamed as *.csv
Regards
JY
"Santosh" <Santosh @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
We have web application running successfully from last 2 years with
microsft office version 200 and 2002.
For same csv(comma separated file) file application
1. With client have machine MS-Office 2000 and 2002 shows
content type ="application/octet-stream"

2. With client have machine MS-office 2003 shows
content type = "application/vnd.ms-excel' .

Our program not supported .xls files

pls advise .

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Heelo Jeans,
I would like to explain in more as
We are using csv file upload facilty to upload data for our SAP SRM component
on unix environment.
Program works when csv file uplaoded from any client pc having msoffice
200,2002 etc
Problem is it is not recognise csv file when uploaded same file from client
pc msoffice 2003 giving error xls file format not supported

For same csv(comma separated file) file application
1. With client have machine MS-Office 2000 and 2002 shows
content type ="application/octet-stream"

2. With client have machine MS-office 2003 shows
content type = "application/vnd.ms-excel' .

Time being we are using work around like for client pc having msoffice 2003
s/w, keeping csv file open in excell application at the time of uploading
the data.

It is working very well , so we need do know if ther is any patch or setting
which can be helpfull for to support msoffice without any work around.

Regards,
Santosh

1. when file used to upload is kept open in excel application