Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Lock sheet to certain pc

Please help me how to make a protection to lock excel sheet to work only in
certain PCs.
When opening a worksheet it could be in a auto_open code and check for
example MAC-address of the PCs lan adapter.
After comparing allowed MAC-addressed macro should then either close sheet
or allow it to be opened.
If its hard to lock to MAC-address, anything else check will do fine, this
protection isn't intended for the profesionals, only for normal endusers.

Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank You very much for the quick answer.
Now I only have to learn how to use it ;o)
Looks little bit complicated for my VBA level but lets see....
Thanks

"NickHK" kirjoitti

"Jasoni" wrote in message
Please help me how to make a protection to lock excel sheet to work only

in
certain PCs.
When opening a worksheet it could be in a auto_open code and check for
example MAC-address of the PCs lan adapter.
After comparing allowed MAC-addressed macro should then either close
sheet
or allow it to be opened.
If its hard to lock to MAC-address, anything else check will do fine,
this
protection isn't intended for the profesionals, only for normal endusers.

Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"NickHK" kirjoitti
This will get you the MAC address
http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/network/macaddress.htm

NickHK

Everything worked just fine, no problem.
Thanks once more.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Should be a case of copy/paste, although it is always better to understand
the code you are using.
The only section to change would be

Private Sub Command1_Click()
'in calling, pass the character you