Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto_Open & Application.Quit - Now I can't get back into my macro

I just finished my first macro, and it works beautifully, except that I
need to change one little thing in the code. Problem is, I set the
macro to open automatically with Auto_Open, and also set it to quit
Excel when the macro finished running using Application.Quit, so the
user has to do minimal work. Now I can't get back into the macro to
change anything. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Hit Ctrl+BREAK when the macro is running and you will be able to go into
debugger

either that or set your macro security to medium (so it asks whether you want
to run it) and select disable macros when asked.

HTH

Thans,

SImon

Astello wrote:
I just finished my first macro, and it works beautifully, except that I
need to change one little thing in the code. Problem is, I set the
macro to open automatically with Auto_Open, and also set it to quit
Excel when the macro finished running using Application.Quit, so the
user has to do minimal work. Now I can't get back into the macro to
change anything. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i've done the same thing........
another work-around is to open the vba editor
and maximize BEFORE you open the document,
and make your word window smaller. then when
the userform pops up, you can click outside the
word window into the vba editor & stop the
code from there.
susan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

give this a try

in excel, file/open
hold the shift key while you click the file in the mru list
or if it's not there,
navigate to your file and highlight it.
hold the shift key and while you click the open button. it should bypass the
auto open

--

Gary

"Astello" wrote in message
ups.com...
I just finished my first macro, and it works beautifully, except that I
need to change one little thing in the code. Problem is, I set the
macro to open automatically with Auto_Open, and also set it to quit
Excel when the macro finished running using Application.Quit, so the
user has to do minimal work. Now I can't get back into the macro to
change anything. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you guys so much! This fixed my problem, I felt very silly :)