Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Ron is offline

Default conditionally copying cells

Thanks to some great help last week, I am using the below formula to
conditionally copy the contents of cells.

=IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("[ Named",C[4])),C[4],"")

I need to expand on this by limiting what is copied from C[4]. I still need
to conditionally copy the contents of the 4th cell over, but I need to ignore
the first 20 characters AND the last 2 characters.

My input data looks like:
[ Named Symbology - T_Gas Meter High Pressure ]
001Default TextTextSymbology
002Default PointPointSymbology

[ Named Symbology - T_Gas Misc ]
001Default TextTextSymbology
002Default PointPointSymbology

[ Named Symbology - T_Gas Valve High Pressure ]