Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default disable save as dialog box

I have a workbook where I disabled all menu items, and the only way to exit
is by choosing the "x" in the upper right corner. I have some code to
disable the "save as" dialog box, that I think used to work, but for some
reason, now does not. In the "This Workbook" object I have:

Workbooks("Urizen.xls").Saved = True
End Sub

I tried adding application.displayalerts=false and this did not work either.

What am I missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Events must be enabled for your code to work.

Run this and see if things get better ...

Sub FixThings
Application.EnableEvents = True
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Dion"
wrote in message
I have a workbook where I disabled all menu items, and the only way to exit
is by choosing the "x" in the upper right corner. I have some code to
disable the "save as" dialog box, that I think used to work, but for some
reason, now does not. In the "This Workbook" object I have:

Workbooks("Urizen.xls").Saved = True
End Sub

I tried adding application.displayalerts=false and this did not work either.
What am I missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could also insert this procedu
Sub Auto_Close()