Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tj tj is offline

Default How to create mult. PowerPoint certificates using Excel data?

I have a list of names (first and last) to creat certificates of completion
in PowerPoint. I do not want to type each name individually into PowerPoint.
How can I create the individual certificates importing data from Excel to
PowerPoint?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could automate Excel from PowerPoint as follows

1. Create a reference to the Excel Object library

2. Create an Excel file containing the names.

3. Place the following code in a Code Module.

Public Function Test()
Dim xl As Excel.Application
Dim wb As Workbook
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim i%

Set xl = New Excel.Application
Set wb = xl.Workbooks.Open("C:\Temp\Names.xls")
Set ws = wb.Worksheets(1)

With ActiveWindow.Selection.SlideRange
For i = 1 To 3
.Shapes("Rectangle 2").TextFrame.TextRange.Text = ws.Cells(i,
1).Value
.Shapes("Rectangle 3").TextFrame.TextRange.Text = ws.Cells(i,
2).Value
ActiveWindow.Presentation.PrintOut 1, 1
Next i
End With

Set ws = Nothing
wb.Close SaveChanges:=False
Set wb = Nothing
xl.Quit
Set xl = Nothing

End Function

4. typing ? Test in the Immediate window
5. The code should print one copy for each of the names.
6. You will obviously need to make modifications to the code based on the
location of your names.xls file, the start and end row numbers and column
numbers in which the first and last names lie and the names of the shapes in
your Power Point slide.

Alok