Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how do i create a template for certificates of completion

my company teaches classes and we are currently typing out the certificates
on a old fashioned typewriter. I want to be able to put the certificates into
the printer and have the fields line up.

I also want to use excel to put the necessary info in and have it merge with
the template. Sort of like a mail merge...just different.

can anyone help with these 2 things?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Charleen,
Easiest to scan your certificate then set as the background
(FormatSheetBackground) of a worksheet.
Fix the pagesetup.
Align and size the columns and row with the areas on the certificate, giving
yourself enough room for any long names etc.
Test.
Delete the background, if you wish, although it does not print anyway.

You then need to set up your list of name, subject etc on another sheet or
workbook.
Code would loop through the data, inserting it into the relevant cells.
Print out. Move to the next record.

You could do something similar in Word with a Mail Merge if you are more
familiar with that, but it's a question for the Word NG.

NickHK