Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Run multiple excel files off of one macro

I have different files each quarter that I export into excel, then run the
same macro on all of them. The macro does not allow me to run it in the same
instance. After running it once, I have to close the macro, open it back up
then run it for the second spreadsheet, etc. Is there any way around this
problem, so I can run the control-y macro consistantly without having to
close it out to run more than one instance?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This isn't typical behavior, so it is hard to say how to fix it. What do you
think is preventing the macro from running a second time? Are you getting an
error message - what are the symptoms that indicate it is not allowed to run
again?

Tom Ogilvy

"ahsya" wrote:

I have different files each quarter that I export into excel, then run the
same macro on all of them. The macro does not allow me to run it in the same
instance. After running it once, I have to close the macro, open it back up
then run it for the second spreadsheet, etc. Is there any way around this
problem, so I can run the control-y macro consistantly without having to
close it out to run more than one instance?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Also asked in Worksheet.Functions group.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"ahsya"
wrote in message
I have different files each quarter that I export into excel, then run the
same macro on all of them. The macro does not allow me to run it in the same
instance. After running it once, I have to close the macro, open it back up
then run it for the second spreadsheet, etc. Is there any way around this
problem, so I can run the control-y macro consistantly without having to
close it out to run more than one instance?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Did you get the subject line so that I can refer to it? I searched by two
different subject lines, but was unable to find anything similar to my
question. Thank you.

wrote in message
I have different files each quarter that I export into excel, then run the
same macro on all of them. The macro does not allow me to run it in the same
instance. After running it once, I have to close the macro, open it back up
then run it for the second spreadsheet, etc. Is there any way around this
problem, so I can run the control-y macro consistantly without having to
close it out to run more than one instance?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Highlighting the entire spreadsheet would be an indication it is running -
but perhaps not as you expected. Seeing no visible response doesn't
necessarily mean it doesn't run.

I would look at any conditions you have placed within the macro to control
program flow. Perhaps the conditions are not being met on the new sheets
which results in the apparent aberrant behavior.
Also, if you have recorded the code, it could be very dependent on what is
selected when you run it. Again, verify that you complete the essential
preparations that could govern a successful run.

Tom Ogilvy

Tom Ogilvy