Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro to access multiple Excel files

Hello,
I am trying to look for some pointers to get me started with
macros in Excel. I have been assigned to create a macro which would
consolidate and pivot data from the excel files(particular worksheet)
present in a directory into a new excel file. I do apologize for
asking a vague question but that is all I got.

Thanks,
Sam.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can start here Sam
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

wrote in message oups.com...
Hello,
I am trying to look for some pointers to get me started with
macros in Excel. I have been assigned to create a macro which would
consolidate and pivot data from the excel files(particular worksheet)
present in a directory into a new excel file. I do apologize for
asking a vague question but that is all I got.

Thanks,
Sam.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the pointer. Worked great! One thing which is undesirable
while running the macro is when "workbooks.open(filename)" is invoked,
I can actually see the files being opened in the taskbar. Is there a
way to avoid that?

Thanks,
Sam

On Mar 1, 3:57 pm, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
You can start here Samhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

wrote in ooglegroups.com...