Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Capturing a series of calculated values to analyse Real-Time Data

I want to be able to record cell changes over a random period of time in
order for me to attach events to specific patterns of cell changes. This has
to be done in real time so that quick decisions can be made. How can this be
done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Capturing a series of calculated values to analyse Real-Time D

Does this allow you to save multiple changes ie multiple calculations on
cells. What method is used to store the changes?

"Gavin Marcus" wrote:

I want to be able to record cell changes over a random period of time in
order for me to attach events to specific patterns of cell changes. This has
to be done in real time so that quick decisions can be made. How can this be
done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

YOU write the code within the event that takes the calculated values and
stores them in a new location for further reference. No, it doesn't
automatically do any work for you. For example

if target.Address = "$A$1 then
set rng = cells(rows.count,20).End(xlup)(2)
Application.EnableEvents = False
rng.Value = Range("a1").Value
Application.EnableEvents = True
end if
End Sub

is an example that would record changes made to cell A1. The history would
be in column 20.

Tom Ogilvy
End Sub