Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MRH MRH is offline

Default I need calculated time in a "real number" format

Hello everyone...this is my first time using the forum. Hopefully you can
help. I am calculating the difference between two times in a spreadsheet to
arrive at the number of hours an employee works during the day. I then want
to multiply that times their hourly rate to arrive at the payroll cost. Of
course, this does not work because Excel sees the calculated difference as a
decimal instead of the number of hours.

Can anyone tell me how I can turn the calculated time difference into a
number I can use to calculate the payroll cost....

Example 10 am - 2 p.m. = 4 hours for day 4 * $15 = $60 payroll cost.

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Subtract the times and multiply by 24 to get decimal hours so

=(B1-A1)*24*15

Wii return 60

Mike