Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Personal.xls macro folder stopped working

Hi Guys

Two things

1) My personal .xls macro folder has stopped working (something about
unhiding worksheets??)

2) can I write a macro at home, take it to work and attach it to a
spreadsheet there, and if so how?

Much Appreciated

Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1) The file personal.xls should be located in the XLstart folder under
your Excel Office folder (under programs).

2) If you have a macro written (already) in Test.xls (say) - Mail it as
an
Attachment from your home to your office.. At your office -

Open or create the your Destination file and Alt+F11 to get to the VBE
environment - Click (at the menu) Insert, Module where you code window
is blank, then -- Open your Text.xls file Alt+F11 (to get to the VBE)
and the code window showing your macro code. Highlight it, and Copy it;
Then switch to your Destination file's Module - Code window and do a
Paste;
Your code is now in the destination VBE.

Rather easy, I do it all the time.......
HTH

" wrote in
message oups.com: