Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Minimize to Tray Button

Anyone have code that creates a button that will Minimize Excel to the
system tray.

I do not need anything complicated like changing the minimize button or
the close button to a minimize to tray button. I have a Form that pops
up when excel loads, and I will add a command button called Minimize
that I just want to minimize excel to the system tray.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here's how in VB
http://vb-helper.com/howto_tray_icon.html

However, this is for designing an app to have this function; Excel was not
designed this way. I dare say you could write some wrapper to handle, but I
can't see any way that will less complicated than "changing the minimize
button".

NickHK

wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone have code that creates a button that will Minimize Excel to the
system tray.

I do not need anything complicated like changing the minimize button or
the close button to a minimize to tray button. I have a Form that pops
up when excel loads, and I will add a command button called Minimize
that I just want to minimize excel to the system tray.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Nick. I took a quick look at the code and I think it should
work.

Thanks again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Good luck. Save your work often.