Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Editing a worksheet while running a macro

I have a spreadsheet that is accessed via a macro. All interaction with the
spreadsheet is through userforms. For everyone other than the administrator
(me), that is all of the access that is needed.
However, as administator, I find that sometimes a need to directly edit the
spreadsheet data. I want to do this while not terminating the macro execution.

Is there a way in which I can pause the macro, access the worksheets, and
then resume the macro?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If by pause the macro you mean leave the userform up and work with the
spreadsheet, then try activating your userform like this:

UserForm1.Show vbModeless
DoEvents

This will allow you to interact with the spreadsheet while userform1 is
still up.

Dan Perkins wrote:
I have a spreadsheet that is accessed via a macro. All interaction with the
spreadsheet is through userforms. For everyone other than the administrator
(me), that is all of the access that is needed.
However, as administator, I find that sometimes a need to directly edit the
spreadsheet data. I want to do this while not terminating the macro execution.

Is there a way in which I can pause the macro, access the worksheets, and
then resume the macro?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Something didn't work correctly with that.

For some reason when I try to open the userform vbModeless, it actually
displays a new worksheet and I don't get my form displayed at all.

Dan Perkins wrote:
I have a spreadsheet that is accessed via a macro. All interaction with the
spreadsheet is through userforms. For everyone other than the administrator
(me), that is all of the access that is needed.
However, as administator, I find that sometimes a need to directly edit the
spreadsheet data. I want to do this while not terminating the macro execution.

Is there a way in which I can pause the macro, access the worksheets, and
then resume the macro?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

try...