Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
fee fee is offline

Default Modules

I have a workbook that gets update from access every monday morning, I
then drop the information into an excel spreadsheet to manipulate the
data. I have a macro that deletes the columns that are not needed and
adds extra columns. There is then a macro that runs from this data and
updates the information from another programme. What my problem is
that everytime the information updates it gets rid of the macros in the
modules, so i have to paste it in from a saved document.
Is there a way that I can update the information into the given
workbook without overwritting the modules.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Save the modules in your personal.xls file, and run it from there. Then
there is no code in the affected worksheet itself.

--
kassie

never stop learning

"fee" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a workbook that gets update from access every monday morning, I
then drop the information into an excel spreadsheet to manipulate the
data. I have a macro that deletes the columns that are not needed and
adds extra columns. There is then a macro that runs from this data and
updates the information from another programme. What my problem is
that everytime the information updates it gets rid of the macros in the
modules, so i have to paste it in from a saved document.
Is there a way that I can update the information into the given
workbook without overwritting the modules.

Public, Private, Event modules, Forms modules,,, Jim May Excel Programming 11 October 31st 05 03:12 AM
Basic question - modules and class modules - what's the difference? Mark Stephens[_3_] Excel Programming 9 May 8th 05 11:48 AM
When to code in sheet or userform modules and when to use modules Tony James Excel Programming 1 December 16th 04 10:02 PM
Modules Norman Jones Excel Programming 0 July 29th 04 10:47 PM
Class Modules vs Modules Jeff Marshall Excel Programming 2 September 28th 03 07:57 PM