Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dynamic Ranges - Help Please

I have a template with a sheet named Home. The template pulls data from
another sheet called work. The sheet home has a range set for the data
area but the data from work does not always fill the range area and leaves
rows blank. The data area starts at row a4 and the last column is M. The
current range is a4:m182, a line of Totals is on row 183.

Question: I need to be able to sort the data in 3 ways, alpha, numeric and
date order. How do I make the range dynamic to enable me to make the sorts
and ignore the blank cells on the template? (Blank cells are cells)

Thanks in anticipation

Topher
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Try
=OFFSET($A$4,0,0,COUNTA($A$4:$A$182),13)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Topher" wrote in message
I have a template with a sheet named 'Home'. The template pulls data
from
another sheet called 'work'. The sheet home has a range set for the
data
area but the data from 'work' does not always fill the range area and
leaves
rows blank. The data area starts at row a4 and the last column is M.
The
current range is a4:m182, a line of 'Totals' is on row 183.

Question: I need to be able to sort the data in 3 ways, alpha,
numeric and
date order. How do I make the range dynamic to enable me to make the
sorts
and ignore the blank cells on the template? (Blank cells are ""
cells)

Thanks in anticipation

Topher

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Then I assume that your "blank" rows were really formulae that were
returning a Null value.
Anyway, glad you got it worked out and thanks for responding.

--
Regards

Roger Govier