Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dynamic Ranges

My x category are months. I have 13 data series. I usually create a chart
monthly of the previous 3 months data. Would I have to name each data series
separately to use a dynamic chart? I also often have individual values that
are zero. Would using a dynamic chart show the zero value as blank? I have
tried using the na(), but NA# appears on my chart and I end up having to
delete the labels individually.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

For more information, refer to the following URL:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/charts or enter Peltier Technical Services, Inc
in the Google Search.

Challa Prabhu

"patrick" wrote:

My x category are months. I have 13 data series. I usually create a chart
monthly of the previous 3 months data. Would I have to name each data series
separately to use a dynamic chart? I also often have individual values that
are zero. Would using a dynamic chart show the zero value as blank? I have
tried using the na(), but NA# appears on my chart and I end up having to
delete the labels individually.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Prabhu & Others,

Thanks for the link. I understand that this works only when your data
series are the columns of data.

I have a slightly different problem and am stuck.

My data set is arranged like this:

A B C D
E F
1 Name Month1 Month2 Month3 Month4 Month5
etc etc...upto M12
2 David 26% 32% 23%
3 Joe 12% 26%
4 etc
5 etc
6
7
8

Now, the user has an option of generating chart only for the month
range of his choice: If the user select M4-M9, Data in Column B
through G is replaced by M4 - M9 data (done by another macro).

Also, number of rows are variable and it always keep on changing
depending on user's month range option (if some data is blank in that
row, the entire row is deleted)

So, now my chart is made with the names in Column A (variable number
of series..can go to any number) as Series Names and Data from Columns
B onwards (upto whatever is available...max it can go is M1-M12...so,
column B to column M)...

When I am plotting this line chart, I am using fixed reference for
number of series. So, what happens, when the number of rows increase,
new series are not added and vice versa.

On the Column Side, it always go up to Column M....so, when user is
asking only for 6 months of data, half the chart is empty.

Please help me how to get this done.

Thanks in advance,
Anshuman