Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Delete Rows with Empty Cells with empty column 1

My below sub below corectly deletes any rows that have empty cells within a
hard-coded range of A1:A150. What I'd like to do is to search the entire
range of cells containing values and delete any rows that have empty column
1 cells.

It would achieve the same reults as my current code, but I could get rid of
my hard coded reference. I never will know how many rows my spreadsheet will
be and would like to avoid hard-code reference.

Can someone help me re-write my code to achieve this?

CODE **********************

Sub DeleteRowsWithEmptyColumn1()
' deletes rows with empty cells in column 1
Dim rng As Range
On Error Resume Next
Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range("A1:A150").SpecialCells(xlBlanks )
On Error GoTo 0
If Not rng Is Nothing Then
rng.EntireRow.Delete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub DeleteRowsWithEmptyColumn1()
' deletes rows with empty cells in column 1
Dim rng As Range
On Error Resume Next
Set rng = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) _
.SpecialCells(xlBlanks)
On Error GoTo 0
If Not rng Is Nothing Then
rng.EntireRow.Delete

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:39:09 -0500, "Scott" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

for some reason, the code still isn't deleting my row with empty cell in
column 1. Can you check it again?

"Mike Fogleman" wrote in message
You need to find the last row as a variable:

Sub DeleteRowsWithEmptyColumn1()
' deletes rows with empty cells in column 1
Dim rng As Range
Dim LRow As Long

On Error Resume Next
LRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range("A1:A" & LRow).SpecialCells(xlBlanks)
On Error GoTo 0
If Not rng Is Nothing Then
rng.EntireRow.Delete

Mike F

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Scott, the code from Gord and Mike work for me, here is another way

Sub Delete_blank_Column1()
On Error Resume Next
Intersect(Range("A:A"), ActiveSheet.UsedRange) _
..SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete
On Error GoTo 0

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003