Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default cycling through pivotchart page fields

I'd like to have something that, in effect, cycles through all the page
fields in a pivorchart, and pastes the resulting pivotchart in MSWord (worst
case, a new sheet in the same Excel file...although this is less ideal). In
other words, if there are 3 items in page field 1, and 4 in page field 2, I'd
want it to take:

field 1 field 2
"all" "all"
"all" item 1
"all" item 2
"all" item 3
item 1 "all"
item 1 1st item

etc., until it gets through each of the first field and the second field.
Once the chart was set, I'd have a small bit of code that would format it the
way I want it (by the way, any way to get the pivotcharts to STAY on the
formatting that's applied to them, or do they have to go back to the standard
that they like to use?). And then once the formatting was applied, I'd have
the chart copied/pasted.

Key is that I want the order to be the cylcing of the second field through
each of the first field items, then the next first field item, and the
cycling through the second field again.

The pasting into Word is ideal, as I said, but maybe I can find some code
elsewhere if someone here cannot help with that.

I'll take anything that gets me there. I know it probably involves the X in
Y type of statements, and declarations of ranges, but I have never been good
with that stuff, so thought I'd call in help, rather than taking a year to
figure it out.

Kind regards.
the 1st of the first field, and "all" of second
--
Boris