Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default End of VBA??

A manager told me he read in a trade journal that VBA will no longer be
support by MSFT after year end. Is this true? Or, did he misunderstand an
article?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

MDB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

mdbuelow wrote:
A manager told me he read in a trade journal that VBA will no longer be
support by MSFT after year end. Is this true? Or, did he misunderstand an
article?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

MDB

Since Microsoft is now doing extensive beta testing on Excel 2007 -
includig VBA - the manager is almost definitely wrong. There might be
some sense in which Microsoft is going to start weening users from VBA
- but anything like an sudden pulling of the plug in 3 months is
inconcievable.

-semiopen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Office 2007 still incorporates VBA as before.
Maybe he confused the stand-alone progamming language VB (6 being the last
version) with VBA.

You're good for a few more years yet.

NickHK

"mdbuelow" ...
A manager told me he read in a trade journal that VBA will no longer be
support by MSFT after year end. Is this true? Or, did he misunderstand an
article?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

MDB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

VBA will be supported most likily, but eventually Microsoft will be moving
towards VSTO - visual studio tools for office.

So it is probably wise to at least be aware of VSTO.

"mdbuelow" wrote:

A manager told me he read in a trade journal that VBA will no longer be
support by MSFT after year end. Is this true? Or, did he misunderstand an
article?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

MDB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks everyone!!

I had a feeling it was something like this. I was starting to worry that I
had significantly missed the boat on something, but this confirms what I was
suspecting.

Great info. Thanks! MDB