Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't Paint Calendar (mscal.ocx) on User Forms - Crashes Excel

Everytime I try to paint the Calendar Control 8.0 (mscal.ocx) on a user
form Excel crashes and asks me if I want to recover my work. Yet, the
rich text box ocx works fine and my registry is set to allow active x
components.

Am I missing a reference? What am I doing wrong.

I'm running MS Excel 2002 10.4302... SP-2

TIA!

Trip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Trip" schreef in bericht
ups.com...
Everytime I try to paint the Calendar Control 8.0 (mscal.ocx) on a user
form Excel crashes and asks me if I want to recover my work. Yet, the
rich text box ocx works fine and my registry is set to allow active x
components.

Am I missing a reference? What am I doing wrong.

I'm running MS Excel 2002 10.4302... SP-2

TIA!

Trip

Hi,

I'm running Excel 2000 but if I use the mscal.ocx, it says version 9.0.
I don't think you're doing anything wrong, but I guess you just have an
outdated version.
What version is your RichEdit-control?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Moon! I found the problem. Apparently, if one installs Visual
Studio 6.0 after installing MS Office the mscal.ocx that gets
registered is verision 8.0 where as MS Office 2002 and higher should be
using mscal.ocx version 10. The documented solution on MS's website
says to use the Add/Remove Program Tools to "Change" the MS Access
install twice. First configure MS Access Calendar Control and set it
to "Not Available" and save and then change it again to "Run from my
computer" and save once more. That will set-up the correct
associations and register the correct mscal.ocx file.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Trip

moon wrote:
"Trip" schreef in bericht
ups.com...
Everytime I try to paint the Calendar Control 8.0 (mscal.ocx) on a user
form Excel crashes and asks me if I want to recover my work. Yet, the
rich text box ocx works fine and my registry is set to allow active x
components.

Am I missing a reference? What am I doing wrong.

I'm running MS Excel 2002 10.4302... SP-2

TIA!

Trip

Hi,

I'm running Excel 2000 but if I use the mscal.ocx, it says version 9.0.
I don't think you're doing anything wrong, but I guess you just have an
outdated version.
What version is your RichEdit-control?

Calendar control (mscal.ocx) zkid Excel Programming 4 September 21st 06 02:35 AM
MSCAL.Calendar erickabrew Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 28th 05 03:36 PM
MSCAL.Calendar Excel Cannot change Properties Using Macro Marvin Excel Programming 1 June 26th 05 09:04 AM
Mscal calendar Ron Excel Programming 0 August 25th 04 01:11 AM
Calendar object in Excel problem - mscal.ocx jancmar Excel Programming 0 October 2nd 03 10:41 PM