Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calendar control (mscal.ocx)

Hi, it was suggested that I try the Excel VBA forum regarding this issue:

Does anyone have experience with the calendar control (ver. 8 for Office
XP)?

If I have to download mscal.ocx to a computer and register it (necessary
when Access isn't installed), in my add-in in the VBA editor, I still have to
choose Tools, Additional Controls, and then re-draw the calendar back onto
the userform. Obviously, this precludes me from being able to share the
add-in without manual intervention. Does anyone have a work-around? I
REALLY need the calendar. Maybe there's a different way to use one in
a userform/VBA?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

Try this link. I've used this calendar on various projects. It's just a
userform that can be part of the file.

http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22194

--
JNW

"zkid" wrote:

Hi, it was suggested that I try the Excel VBA forum regarding this issue:

Does anyone have experience with the calendar control (ver. 8 for Office
XP)?

If I have to download mscal.ocx to a computer and register it (necessary
when Access isn't installed), in my add-in in the VBA editor, I still have to
choose Tools, Additional Controls, and then re-draw the calendar back onto
the userform. Obviously, this precludes me from being able to share the
add-in without manual intervention. Does anyone have a work-around? I
REALLY need the calendar. Maybe there's a different way to use one in
a userform/VBA?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks so much, JNW. I hate to be dense, but I can't quite figure out which
calendar to download. There seem to be several, and each one has yet another
version/update and seemingly new issues/bugs. Which one did you have luck
with?

Thanks again.

"zkid" wrote:

Hi, it was suggested that I try the Excel VBA forum regarding this issue:

Does anyone have experience with the calendar control (ver. 8 for Office
XP)?

If I have to download mscal.ocx to a computer and register it (necessary
when Access isn't installed), in my add-in in the VBA editor, I still have to
choose Tools, Additional Controls, and then re-draw the calendar back onto
the userform. Obviously, this precludes me from being able to share the
add-in without manual intervention. Does anyone have a work-around? I
REALLY need the calendar. Maybe there's a different way to use one in
a userform/VBA?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

It appears they have added a few updates since I last looked. As a rule I
always go for the latest version. This is especially true when they are only
making small fixes to increase functionality instead of major overhauls,
which seems to be the case.

I hope that helps.
--
JNW

"zkid" wrote:

Hi, it was suggested that I try the Excel VBA forum regarding this issue:

Does anyone have experience with the calendar control (ver. 8 for Office
XP)?

If I have to download mscal.ocx to a computer and register it (necessary
when Access isn't installed), in my add-in in the VBA editor, I still have to
choose Tools, Additional Controls, and then re-draw the calendar back onto
the userform. Obviously, this precludes me from being able to share the
add-in without manual intervention. Does anyone have a work-around? I
REALLY need the calendar. Maybe there's a different way to use one in
a userform/VBA?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, JNW. With a lot of searching, I figured it out. I was able to
import the code into Word VBA, determe the settings I needed to change (he
only went back to 1985 and forward 20 years - I needed back to 1900 and
forward 50 years), and it works amazingly well.

Thank you SO much for saving my behind. I was really tearing out my hair.
Also, big thanks goes to Phil Johnson for being so kind as to share his
AMAZING code, as well as Bradford for his updates and link access.

For anyone else who needs this, here is the correct thread:
http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30327

Then, scroll down to Bradford's thread which provides the link to download
(currently, Calendar10.zip). Caveat: you need to register with the forum in
order to access the downloads).

Thanks to all of you, I will sleep very well tonight!

"zkid" wrote:

Hi, it was suggested that I try the Excel VBA forum regarding this issue:

Does anyone have experience with the calendar control (ver. 8 for Office
XP)?

If I have to download mscal.ocx to a computer and register it (necessary
when Access isn't installed), in my add-in in the VBA editor, I still have to
choose Tools, Additional Controls, and then re-draw the calendar back onto
the userform. Obviously, this precludes me from being able to share the
add-in without manual intervention. Does anyone have a work-around? I
REALLY need the calendar. Maybe there's a different way to use one in
a userform/VBA?

Thanks.

MSCAL.Calendar erickabrew Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 28th 05 03:36 PM
MSCAL.Calendar Excel Cannot change Properties Using Macro Marvin Excel Programming 1 June 26th 05 09:04 AM
Mscal calendar Ron Excel Programming 0 August 25th 04 01:11 AM
Calendar Control: Can't exit design mode because control can't be created Rone Excel Programming 0 May 24th 04 04:01 PM
Calendar object in Excel problem - mscal.ocx jancmar Excel Programming 0 October 2nd 03 10:41 PM