Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pulling Data from a Pivot Table using Look-ups

I am trying to pull information that is summarized in a pivot table and
return it in a report. The returned info will be dependent on the leftmost
column of the report and the month that the report is being pulled for. The
pivot table has each of these pieces. For example

Code Items
M300
M301
M302

I want to return items based on the code, as well as the month (say January
2006)....is there a matrix type function that will do this? (I'm envisioning
something like Lookup(Code|Month) with reference to the pivot table....hope
someone can help!!! Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Matt, it depends on which version you are using. If you are using 2002/2003,
then do a help search on GetPivotData function in Excel's Help
Something Like:
=GETPIVOTDATA("Item","A1","Month","Januaury","Code ","M300")
--
Charles Chickering

"A good example is twice the value of good advice."

"Matt" wrote:

I am trying to pull information that is summarized in a pivot table and
return it in a report. The returned info will be dependent on the leftmost
column of the report and the month that the report is being pulled for. The
pivot table has each of these pieces. For example

Code Items
M300
M301
M302

I want to return items based on the code, as well as the month (say January
2006)....is there a matrix type function that will do this? (I'm envisioning
something like Lookup(Code|Month) with reference to the pivot table....hope
someone can help!!! Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you Charles....should I create a name reference and have it change
depending on which month is selected? So in the January piece, that would
actually be a cell reference....