Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default CHARTS DATATABLE

Could this be done? I've a chart with a data table I need for the chart to
highlight only the percentages that are below 93% in red and keep the higher
percentages with the normal color black...the highlights would be in the
data table

Thanks In Advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi GILBERT,

The easy way is to use a chart embedded in a worksheet, build your own data
in a worksheet range table below the chart, and use conditional formatting
to highlight cells below a certain value.

You could also try the technique described here
http://www.edferrero.com/DataTab.zip to link an image of a worksheet range
to a chart.

Ed Ferrero
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://www.edferrero.com

Could this be done? I've a chart with a data table I need for the chart
highlight only the percentages that are below 93% in red and keep the
higher
percentages with the normal color black...the highlights would be in the
data table

Thanks In Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ed Ferrero,
Thanks for answering my question. What I was looking for was a VB code that
would change the datatable numbers in a chart if it was less then 93% I.E.
JAN-100%
FEB-95%
MARCH-92%
In a bar graph with a data table you would see all three but the 92% for
march would be in color red font and the other would be black.
"Ed Ferrero" wrote:

Hi GILBERT,

The easy way is to use a chart embedded in a worksheet, build your own data
in a worksheet range table below the chart, and use conditional formatting
to highlight cells below a certain value.

You could also try the technique described here
http://www.edferrero.com/DataTab.zip to link an image of a worksheet range
to a chart.

Ed Ferrero
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://www.edferrero.com

Could this be done? I've a chart with a data table I need for the chart
highlight only the percentages that are below 93% in red and keep the
higher
percentages with the normal color black...the highlights would be in the
data table

Thanks In Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, it would be nice to be able to do that, but you can't - so I gave you a
couple of workarounds.

Best I can do.

Ed Ferrero